Like I said below, I woke Lance up with breakfast in bed. After all, he was only waking up then to drop me off at work so I didn’t have to park in BFE (aka free street parking in the residential area near by) and walk. Sweet, right?
I decided to make a ham and egg “McMuffin”-like deal. I was going to just put scrambled eggs on a sandwich, but the thought of standing that long in the morning seemed awful. Did you not see from the paragraph above that I’ve been feeling especially lazy? I followed the basic egg-cooking directions found at the cooking blog Macheesmo and made fast-food-like eggs! Convenient!
I know what you’re thinking — look at that amazing Fiestaware plate and Hello Kitty sheet set. Try to focus on the sandwich.
- English muffins, sliced
- Deli ham
- Cheese, optional and probably gross (read my thoughts on cheese here)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl. Add a splash of water (I know, I’m so official, right? Guess what a splash means.. I was tired..) and some seasonings.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and pour egg in. Aim for each cup to be about 2/3 full. I used three eggs and it filled four cups.
- Cook eggs for 20-ish minutes and let cool for a bit before you pop them out.
- Warm up ham (and, ugh, cheese if you must) in a small skillet on med-high heat.
- Toast English muffin.
- Make sandwich. Eat. Rejoice.
What’s weird is that I expected each egg to fill one cup so when I ended up with an extra egg I threw it into a baggie and went about my business. They look hilariously awkward out of context, like some weird little smooshy cube. Yeah, think about eating that.
But no seriously they’re fucking tasty.